“Drawbridge has built a cross-device advertising platform that specializes in using machine learning to match individuals across connected devices, including desktops, smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs, in order to serve more relevant ads across devices.” – Source)
Ethical design violations
(Learn more about Ethical Design.)
Invisible tracking pixel.
Block domain adsymptotic.com
High: found on 3.3% of surveyed sites (243 instances observed).
- Adsymptotic is now known as Drawbridge).
- Adsymptotic.com redirects to Drawbridge.com.
- “Aggregated Data:… Drawbridge may compile and analyze on an aggregate basis, information about its Customers, and Drawbridge may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data…” Source
- “Drawbridge does not use any data segments it considers sensitive such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or sensitive health categories to tailor ads on behalf of our Customers.” Source
- “Drawbridge partners with BlueKai to receive information about non-sensitive health and wellness categories.” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss