Neustar, Inc. (ex-Lockheed Martin Corporation; agkn.com)
“American technology company that provides real-time information and analytics” – Source
Hey, it’s OK, they’re just taking your data for a ride. - Ed.
Ethical design violations
Block domain agkn.com
High: found on 4.3% of surveyed sites (314 instances observed).
- Owned by Neustar, Inc. Source
- “Neustar is domain name registry for .biz, .us (on behalf of United States Department of Commerce), .co, and .nyc top-level domains.” Source
- “Neustar started as a business unit within Lockheed Martin Corporation.” Source
- “Authoritative identity lets you reconcile the many identifiers generated across channels and recognize them collectively as belonging to a single consumer.” Source
- “[C]onnect past and present identifiers, including names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, cookies, and mobile device IDs to provide complete and accurate consumer profiles” Source
- “Identify: Are your customers who they say they are? The right onboarding partner can tell you if you have the right information about your customers.” Source
- “Append: Are you missing any relevant information to complete your customer profile? Can you add … information, like multiple addresses or phone numbers for the same customer?” Source
- “A provider with an authoritative identity methodology can help you deliver personalized messages to NEW site visitors by mapping a first-time visitor to a key persona and displaying the messages and images most likely to resonate with that person.” Source
- “When you observe customers’ online and offline behavior, can you see a lift? If you do, are you able to understand when online behavior is influencing offline sales?” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss