A “cloud-based ad targeting and Web personalization platform” – Source
Ethical design violations
(Learn more about Ethical Design.)
Invisible tracking pixel.
Block domain company-target.com
Moderate: found on 0.6% of surveyed sites (42 instances observed).
- A whois lookup shows that company-target.com belongs to Demandbase Helpdesk at demandbase.com:
Registrant Name: Demandbase Helpdesk … Registrant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Please consult with our clients’ privacy policies if you have questions about our clients’ use of the Demandbase Platform or your information within their Site.” Source
- “Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the [Do Not Track] signal, we do not currently respond to browser DNT signals on our Sites or on third party sites that use the Demandbase Platform.” Source
- Methinks the name “Do Not Track” does make it pretty clear how that signal should be interpreted… - Ed.
- “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!” (Upton Sinclair) – Other Ed.
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss