Eyeview, Inc. (eyeviewads.com)
“Video advertising” – Source
Ethical design violations
Invisible tracking pixel.
Block domain eyeviewads.com
Moderate: found on 0.3% of surveyed sites (19 instances observed).
- Owned by Eyeview, Inc. Source
- “We collect and use … Information from marketing companies and other third party data providers (such as website content providers and mobile app developers, or other advertising platforms) (“Data Providers”) regarding their site visitors or app users, customers, or others.” Source
- “We collect and use … Transactional information from our Customers.” Source
- “Your IP address provides us the ability to infer your geographic location information.” Source
- “Mobile data. Through mobile applications on which our Services are deployed, including applications operated by our Customers, Data Providers (or companies that they receive information from), we likewise may collect information about your interactions with other applications (including your IP address and time-stamp information), and information about your mobile device (including device type, handset name, operating system information, mobile identifiers such as Apple IDFA and Android Advertising ID, app-specific identifiers, and a list of the applications your device interacts with).” Source
- “The mobile information we collect or receive from our Data Providers and Customers also may include geolocation information, which may be precise, that may help us or our Customers to target ads or tailor content to your precise location. For instance, if we believe that you are often near a particular store in Northern Jersey, we might send you an ad targeted to that store, rather than another store in the general area.” Source
- “We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers or publisher-facing and app developer platforms that use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), and information connected to how mobile devices interact with our Services and those using our Services. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon (see “Pixel Tags or Beacons” above). The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology to deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device.” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss