“Facebook is a corporation and an online social networking service.” – Source
Ethical design violations
(Learn more about Ethical Design.)
Decentralised, free and open alternatives that adhere closer to the Ethical Design Manifesto:
- Implement your own log in system for your web site.
Although the content itself is allowed to load, we block cookies to make sure that it does not track people.
- trigger: - url-filter: facebook.com - unless-domain: fbcdn.net, scontent.xx.fbcdn.net, external.xx.fbcdn.net, upload.facebook.com, pixel.facebook.com, www.facebook.com - action: - type: block-cookies
Pandemic: found on 34.6% of surveyed sites (2518 instances observed).
- Used for Facebook login.
- “We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services (like when they offer our Like button or Facebook Log In or use our measurement and advertising services). This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.” Source
- “We receive information about you and your activities on and off Facebook from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.” Source
- “When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Services, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your Facebook friends or use the Facebook Comment or Share button on a website, the game developer or website may get information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from their website on Facebook. In addition, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your Public Profile, which includes your username or user ID, your age range and country/language, your list of friends, as well as any information that you share with them. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.” Source
- “We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss