Millward Brown Digital (insightexpressai.com)
“Millward Brown is a British multinational market research firm focused on advertising effectiveness, strategic communication, media and brand equity research. It is a wholly owned operating company by WPP plc and is part of Kantar Group, the world’s second largest market research organization after Nielsen Company.” Source
Ethical design violations
Invisible tracking pixel.
Block domain insightexpressai.com
Moderate: found on 0.1% of surveyed sites (10 instances observed).
- “Millward Brown has been at the forefront of thinking about the emerging area of neuroscience and its application to advertising research” Source
- “If we have anonymized your personally identifiable information, such as by removing your name or other information that identifies you as an individual, then such information shall be considered non- personally identifiable information.” Source
- “Millward Brown Digital is a Kantar company. By submitting personally identifiable information to Millward Brown Digital, as described above, you consent to us sharing your personally identifiable information within Millward Brown Digital and other Kantar companies.” Source
- Kantar’s companies, in addition to Millward Brown, include “12 operating brands [in] 100 countries [with] 30,000 employees”: Added Value, Graphic, IMRB International, Kantar Health, Kantar Japan, Kantar Media, Kantar Retail, Kantar Worldpanel, Lightspeed GMI, The Futures Company, TNS. Source
- Uses Web Bugs (“Web Beacons”) Source
- “Social Media: We use a number of social media tools to enhance visitor interaction on our site. If you already use these platforms their cookies may be set through our Site. Personally identifiable information which you voluntarily disclose online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or other open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We may associate your name and website with your comments on our blog, but we are unable to control uses of your personally identifiable information by other users who see your information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.” Source
- “We will retain the information described above for as long as the information has value as part of the services we offer, or as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, whichever is longer.” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss