“With one platform, Signal’s integrated technology combines data collection, persistent identification, data onboarding and media activation …” – Source
Ethical design violations
(Learn more about Ethical Design.)
Invisible tracking pixel.
Block domain thebrighttag.com
Moderate: found on 0.8% of surveyed sites (59 instances observed).
- The thebrighttag.com domain redirects to signal.co.
- “Our services include: - Integration of tracking tags and other code into client websites … - Collection and distribution of data … - Management and storage of de-identified data …” Source
- [For emphasis: - Ed.] “For advertising related Services, we do use and store data that has been de-identified…” Source
- “We consider the following “Sensitive Data,” and we do not use this Sensitive Data in connection with interest-based advertising Services: - racial or ethnic origin; - sexual preferences or practices; - criminal record; - health information; - genetic information that is not otherwise health information; or - biometric information or templates.” Source [Oh it’s good to know where you draw the line! Hang on, isn’t all genetic information related to your health…? - Ed.]
- “We use many technologies to collect Usage Data. Some examples include: … Web Beacons” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss