“Collective empowers enterprises with technology and expertise to unify digital advertising across platforms, screens and formats.” – Source
Ethical design violations
(Learn more about Ethical Design.)
Block domain collective-media.net
Moderate: found on 0.3% of surveyed sites (22 instances observed).
- A whois search shows collective-media.net shows it registered to Collective Inc. at collective.com:
Tech Organization: Collective, Inc. … Tech Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Audience Engine integrates a combination of data sets including your brands’ first-party website data, and qualified third-party data from top providers.” Source
- “Collective may collect Data from your computer or device when you are visiting a Collective web site or on a third party’s behalf when we serve advertisements on our network of web sites.” Source
- “We may use different types of technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and other technologies to collect this Data.” Source
- “Where permitted by applicable laws governing online privacy, Collective uses non-sensitive health-related data segments to serve or optimize advertisements.” Source Full list of what Collective consider non-sensitive health data segments. [Spoiler: Health insurance, over the counter drugs, Medicare coverage and analgesis are considered fair game - Ed]
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss