Vindico by Time, Inc. (vindicosuite.com)
“People-based ad serving across devices” – Source
Ethical design violations
Block domain vindicosuite.com
Moderate: found on 0.3% of surveyed sites (25 instances observed).
- Owned by Vindico which is a Viant company. Source
- Viant is a Time, Inc. company. Source
- “Powered by Viant’s registered user database of over 1.2 billion people, Vindico enables marketers to manage true reach and frequency, gain unparalleled consumer insights, and measure online and in-store ROI and attribution across all devices.” Source
- “Digital ad management based on real people, not cookies” Source
- “We receive and collect information when you use our services or otherwise interact with our advertising, analytics and other services. This interaction may occur on websites owned or controlled by us or by third-parties, supported mobile devices, consumer electronics devices, and on other online or technical mechanisms or devices.” Source
- Definition of User Panel: “Panel of internet users that agree to anonymous recording of their ad exposure activity as they browse the web and are exposed to video and display advertisements in exchange for free software and services such as browser toolbars, games, and applications that provide information services such as weather, travel, news.” Source
- “Information from third parties. We partner with third-parties to improve our services and to allow us to provide services through mobile and other consumer electronics devices. These third parties may provide us with certain information, including automatically collected information such as IP address, device type, operating system, and, in some cases, a unique identifier, hashed email address, or hashed mobile ID (e.g., Apple IDFA or Android advertising ID), as well as location-based data such as Wi-Fi, cell tower, GPS or diagnostic location information, contextual information, and demographic information including age, gender and zip code.” Source
Better is a Safari content blocker for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It protects you from trackers and malvertising by enforcing the principles of Ethical Design.
Improve page | Report issue | Discuss